Providing breastmilk is one of the best things you can do for your baby’s health and development. Just because it’s natural, doesn’t mean it comes naturally. Breastfeeding is more successful when nursing parents have a supportive environment, including family, friends, community, providers, and workplaces.
General Breastfeeding Information:
- Nashville’s Breastfeeding Education Video Series https://www.nashville.gov/departments/health/family-and-infant-health/breastfeeding-resources
- kellymom.com information on breastfeeding and parenting.
- Droplet (short videos on latch, positioning and hand expression in the early days)
Milk Expression: Do you need to pump?
- Hand expression- This is a great option early on and you can get more milk compared to a pump. How to hand express breastmilk video.
- Breast Pump: Pumping information and tips
- Breastmilk Storage and Preparation Recommendations
Facebook breastfeeding support groups
- Breastfeeding Support Group for Black Moms
- Kelly Mom Breastfeeding Support Group
- Middle TN Breastfeeding Support
- Working and Breastfeeding-Breastfeeding USA
- Pumping Mamas: breastfeeding support for working moms
- Human milk for human babies (breastmilk donation)
Return to Work Resources: